September 04, 2008

I Loves Me a Good Soap Opera

Making fun of Sarah Palin is just way to easy. And it’s enjoyable as well. As much fun as making fun of Dan Quayle was 20 years ago. I didn’t watch the speech, I was enjoying company and didn’t get around to it. Since my vote is already locked down, I don’t tend to spend much of my time listening to either side drone on. I did listen to Lieberman’s speech, but only by accident. I had NPR on while doing house work.

The difference between a pit bull and a hockey mom is lipstick? Who says shit like that? Oh yeah, Miss Congeniality does. And I love the news item today that Jamie Lynn Spears sent burping cloths to Bristol Palin. That’s very sweet considering McCain used Jamie Lynn’s sister in an attack ad on Obama.

This line from Giuliani confuses me: “She already has more executive experience than the entire Democratic ticket.” Which means she has more executive experience than John McCain as well, right? So her mayorship of an itteh bitteh town and less than two years of governor is all the qualifications one needs for president? Well then, put her at the top of the ticket and let McCain take the VP slot. Already it’s looking like it’s an Obama vs. Palin race, instead of against McCain. Which in many ways it is since McCain will probably kick the bucket in office if he has to deal with the stress of the mess that Bush leaves behind.

I will agree with one comment that Giuliani made. He “…launched an attack on people who have questioned whether Ms. Palin will have enough energy to focus on the vice presidency as the mother of five. ‘How dare they question whether Sarah Palin has enough time to spend with her children and be vice president,” Mr. Giuliani said. “How dare they do that? When do they ever ask a man that question?’ ” Absolutely correct. However much fun I want to make of Palin, her hypocrisy, her lies, and her utter lack of experience, sexism doesn’t play a part of it. However, I also strongly disagreed with John Edwards decision to run given he has minor children and his wife has cancer. I strongly doubted his ability to be a good father/husband and a president. The media also questioned his decision, but certainly not as loudly as they are disparaging Palin as a mother. So yeah, the media needs to back off on that particular front.

Largest state in America? Since when does sheer land mass, most of which I’m sure she wants to pipe over and drill down in, count towards executive leadership?

This is fun. Much fun. All quotes above are taken from NYT article covering the RNC and Palin’s speech.

No comments: